The Arkansas Razorbacks and the Illinois Fighting Illini are two of the hottest teams in college basketball right now. Arkansas has won 10 of its last 11 games, while Illinois has won 9 of its last 10. This matchup is sure to be a close one, and it could have major implications for the NCAA Tournament 2023.
The Razorbacks are led by a balanced attack that features several players who can score in double figures. JD Notae is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 18.4 points per game. He is also a gifted passer, and he leads the team in assists with 4.5 per game. Davonte Davis is another key contributor for Arkansas. He is averaging 14.3 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Arkansas’ defense is also one of the best in the country. The Razorbacks are holding opponents to just 62.2 points per game, which is the third-best mark in the nation. They are also very good at forcing turnovers, and they average 17.3 steals per game.
The Fighting Illini are led by Kofi Cockburn, who is one of the most dominant big men in college basketball. Cockburn is averaging 21.2 points and 11.0 rebounds per game. He is also a very good defender, and he blocks 2.2 shots per game.
Illinois also has a number of other talented players who can score in double figures. Trent Frazier is averaging 12.3 points per game, and he is a very good three-point shooter. Jacob Grandison is averaging 11.6 points per game, and he is a versatile player who can score inside and outside.
Illinois’ defense is also very good. The Fighting Illini are holding opponents to just 61.8 points per game, which is the fourth-best mark in the nation. They are also very good at forcing turnovers, and they average 16.3 steals per game.
Arkansas vs. Illinois Predictions 2023
This is a very close matchup, and it could go either way. However, I think Arkansas’ defense will be the difference in this game. The Razorbacks are one of the best defensive teams in the country, and they will be able to slow down Illinois’ offense. I am picking Arkansas to win this game by a score of 68-65.
The key matchup in this game will be between Kofi Cockburn and Arkansas’ frontcourt. Cockburn is one of the most dominant big men in college basketball, and he will be a handful for Arkansas’ defenders. However, Arkansas has a number of big men who can match up with Cockburn, and I think they will be able to do enough to contain him.
Spread & Total Prediction for Arkansas vs. Illinois
The over/under for this game is set at 144 points. I think this is a high number, and I am leaning towards the under. Both teams play a slow-paced style of basketball, and I think they will have trouble scoring against each other’s defenses.
Arkansas and Illinois will face off on Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena. The game is expected to be close, with our computer prediction giving Arkansas a slight edge. The Razorbacks are projected to cover the 1.5-point spread, and the over/under is set at 144.5 points.
If you’re looking to bet on this game, you can do so with BetMGM Sportsbook. BetMGM is the official sportsbook of the NCAA Tournament, and they offer a wide variety of betting options for this game. You can bet on the point spread, the over/under, the moneyline, and even prop bets.
To bet on this game with BetMGM, simply create an account and make a deposit. Once you’ve done that, you can head to the “Basketball” section of the website and find the Arkansas vs. Illinois game. You’ll then be able to see all of the betting options available for the game.
If you’re new to betting on sports, BetMGM offers a great welcome bonus. You can get up to $1,000 in free bets when you sign up and make your first deposit.
So what are you waiting for? Bet on Arkansas vs. Illinois with BetMGM Sportsbook today!
Arkansas Performance Insights
- The Razorbacks outscore opponents by an average of seven points per game.
- They rank 118th in college basketball in scoring, with 74.4 points per game.
- They rank 98th in college basketball in points allowed, with 67.4 points per game.
- This gives them a +232 scoring differential overall.
- They average 32.4 rebounds per game, which ranks them 138th in college basketball.
- Their opponents average 29.3 rebounds per game, so they out-rebound their opponents by an average of 3.1 boards per game.
- They average 5.1 three-pointers per game, which ranks them 347th in college basketball.
- Their opponents average 5.1 three-pointers per game, so they are evenly matched in three-point shooting.
- They average 95.2 points per 100 possessions on offense, which ranks them 139th in college basketball.
- They give up 86.2 points per 100 possessions on defense, which ranks them 52nd in college basketball.
- They average 1.1 fewer turnovers per game than their opponents, with 12.5 turnovers per game and 13.6 turnovers forced per game.
Illinois Performance Insights
- The Fighting Illini outscore opponents by an average of 7.7 points per game.
- They rank 110th in college basketball in scoring, with 74.7 points per game.
- They rank 85th in college basketball in points allowed, with 67 points per game.
- This gives them a +246 scoring differential overall.
- They average 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks them 23rd in college basketball.
- Their opponents average 30.2 rebounds per game, so they out-rebound their opponents by an average of 5.3 boards per game.
- They average 7.7 three-pointers per game, which ranks them 139th in college basketball.
- Their opponents average 6.1 three-pointers per game, so they shoot three-pointers at a slightly higher rate than their opponents.
- They shoot 30.9% from three-point range, which ranks them 335th in college basketball.
Not all offers are available in all states; check BetMGM for the most recent promotion in your region. To gamble, you must be over 21, and please gamble responsibly. Call 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling issue.